July 24, 2008

Company Car

Do you drive a company vehicle? Cuz if you do, take note ... And I'll say this really slowly for all you morons out there ...

When you are driving a company vehicle, you are representing your company.

Now this may seem like common sense to most people, but quite obviously there are a lot of idiots out there that don't get this.

Things you should not do when driving a company vehicle:
  1. Drive like a moron
  2. Cut people off
  3. Tailgate people
  4. Drive aggressively
  5. Talk on your cellphone while weaving in and out of your lane
  6. Smoke (I think its a poor representation of your company and really its just disgusting - I'm biased)
  7. Park like an asshole
I mean, really, no good driver should be doing these things anyways ... but when you do it in the company car you are giving people somewhere specific to send their wrath. Whether your the boss or an employee, by driving like a moron you are hurting your business.

Think about it ...

When I see someone in a company vehicle doing crap like that I make a mental note of who it was. This gets factored in my decision on whether or not to frequent your business. I may bad mouth your business to people I know, who then tell it to people that they know. If your being particularly stupid, I may phone the business (since the number is usually plastered all over the vehicle) and complain. If you're being particularly dangerous, I won't think twice about calling the police to report your dangerous driving ass.

Doesn't that all sound bad for business?
A couple of weeks ago I was cut off on the highway by a company truck pulling out who couldn't wait until the gap after my vehicle (as in there were NO vehicles behind me) and I had to slam my brakes on from doing the highway speed limit (note he was at a complete stop, not on the highway, prior to pulling in front of me). Today, at a busy grocery store parking lot, there was an asshole in a company truck parked diagonally across 3 parking spaces. Not only that, but the truck was also sticking out into the lot and impeding the flow. You're telling me you couldn't take the extra 2 seconds to park like everyone else in the fucking lot?!? Those are 2 businesses that I have made a point to bad mouth and will continue to do so. Both were complete inconsiderate assholes.

If you are a moron driver, you should not be driving the company vehicle. And bosses, owners, etc. - be responsible for who you are putting behind the wheel of the company car. Make sure they have a clean driving record. Better yet, make them take a professional driving course and update it on a regular basis to make sure they are skilled. Your drivers represent YOUR company. Think about it!

No comments: