**NEW CONTENT**
I am sick & tired of being cut off or almost killed by morons talking on their cell phones!!! For gawd's sake - buy a hands free unit! They are cheap ... you can get one for under $20. Which would you rather, $20 now or lots of money later because of your sheer stupidity????
Almost every day when I'm driving, where ever it is I have to go, I see some dumb fuck with a cell phone to their ear ... Once I even saw some chick driving down the road sending a text message or using her mobile browser on her cell phone in one hand and putting lipstick on in her rear view mirror at the same time! What are you people thinking???? You can't hold the phone to your ear & maneuver in traffic at the same time. It just isn't humanly possible!
I took a cognitive psychology class last semester ... we learned that when we process information, what we are paying the most attention to gets the most processing (ie. brain) power. So picture this. Chick is driving down the road, cell phone to her ear ... hands flailing wildly about the car as she tells her g/f about the horror of breaking a nail ... How much processing or brain power do you think is going towards driving? Not much! (see, I did learn something in cognitive psych class!)
The other major offenders are business people. Not only do I see them driving down the road, but they're usually writing stuff down or reaching for crap out of their briefcases too. Get out of my %$#@-ing lane and pay attention moron! Even worse is the morons in company vehicles ... companies, what are you thinking???? If your employee is driving a vehicle with YOUR name on it, don't you want them to drive with as much care as possible to maintain your stellar reputation? Buy them a hands-free unit or enforce a pull-over policy!
Now, I'm not perfect. I've been known to talk on my cell phone while driving. BEFORE you start calling me a hypocrite, I would like to point out that I ALWAYS use my hands free device. If I'm calling someone, I dial BEFORE I start driving and if someone is calling me all I have to do is push any button on my phone. This means I am NOT taking my eyes off the road and both my hands can be on the wheel.
I'm realistic ... I realize that pretty much everyone and their dog is using a cell phone nowadays and we are used to the convenience of being able to talk on the phone anywhere/anytime. I'm not saying that we should have a big bonfire and burn all the cell phones out there. What I AM SAYING is that anyone who is using their cell phone while driving MUST USE a hands-free device. All you morons out there who refuse to spend the money to get one should be fined out your nose. It's fuckers like you who cause accidents!
Today's lesson? Buy a fucking hands-free unit already! DRIVE SAFE EVERYONE!
August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment